This training is preliminary to the other trainings of the INDCP, except for the Caring-HDM-DCP training.
Training on the Human Development Model – Disability Creation Process is mandatory to be able to follow the other training offered by the INDCP: either LIFE-H and individualized intervention plan
This training enables participants to better understand the key concepts of this conceptual model in the field of disability and to know about the different tools facilitating its use in their professional, research and disability rights activities. It also aims to start participants thinking about their role and responsibilities in social participation situations and disabling situations experienced by people with disabilities and their families.
- Grasp the importance of using coherent and well-articulated enough conceptual tools to take societal evolutions into account;
- Be more familiar with the history of the World Health Organization and the International Network on the Disability Creation Process classifications;
- Understand the HDM-DCP conceptual model, its stakes, its nomenclatures as well as its dynamic and interactive components;
- Be acquainted with HDM-DCP conceptual model concrete applications.
Benefits of This Training
The benefit of understanding disability in terms of daily activities and social roles enables all stakeholders to have a better grasp of their responsibilities for helping people with disabilities attain optimal social participation. The HDM-DCP is especially used to support:
- The development and validation of adaptation and rehabilitation actions.
- The implementation and evaluation of programs, services and policies.
- The evaluation of the impact of the social environment, living environments and occupation.
- The evaluation of the impact on the physical and technological environment.
- The evaluation of the associated and explanatory factors of social participation.
- Standardize language, programs and practices in an organization so as to lay the foundation for coordinated action for policies to services, and better meets the expectations and needs of people with disabilities.
- Clinical programs development, management, and intervention dedicated to persons with disabilities;
- Clinical evaluation and intervention plans;
- Policies and programs evaluation, and planning
- The development of an inclusive society and universally accessible
Register for this training
To see when the next trainings will take place or to register to the HDM-DCP training, please click here.
Contact us at [email protected] or by phone at 418-529-9141 ext. 6202.